Paypal is the only payment button that is still available on most Magento store cart pages. So Visa Checkout is making a push into the market with their newly designed and responsive checkout experience.
What I like about Visa Checkout
- mostly everyone has atleast one Visa card
- it’s an alternative to Paypal which not everyone takes
- I trust Visa because I use the physical card all the time
The Visa Checkout experience is indeed fully responsive. And it keeps the user on your site. So it does NOT take them to another site like Paypal has for years. Though Paypal’s has recently launched an in-context checkout and login extension for Magento.
What I’m not sure of with Visa Checkout
- how their adoption rate is going to be – this makes the biggest difference
- if they can track devices and browsers via cookies so you don’t have to keep logging in
- if merchants can get all the data they need regarding shipping, billing, and shipping method they need from this experience
Very excited to see this take form. Hopefully with some more videos like the one below, they can get people to sign up.